The law of personal injury involves seeking compensation for damages that were suffered by accident victims. Those damages might be suffered in motor vehicle accidents, slip-and-falls, trip-and-falls, construction and industrial accidents, nursing home negligence, dangerously defective products or medical malpractice. Some accidents even involve the wrongful death of a loved one. Insurance companies vigorously defend personal injury claims. For purposes of pursuing the maximum compensation that they deserve, claimants will need an experienced, respected and effective personal injury law firm.
As per our Scottsdale AZ personal injury lawyers here at Vingelli & Company Law Offices, most personal injury claims and lawsuits are based on the law of negligence. Proving negligence is no easy task either. The following elements must be proved:
- That the defendant owed a duty of care to the claimant.
- There was a breach of that duty.
- The breach of the duty caused the claimant’s injuries.
- The claimant’s injuries were proximately caused by the breach of duty in that they were foreseeable.
- The claimant suffered legally recognized damages.
If their insured person caused an accident and injuries, damages are commonly contested by insurance companies and their defense attorneys in efforts to devalue claims. Some of the damages recognized by Arizona law in personal injury cases consist of the following:
- Past and future medical bills.
- Past and future lost earnings.
- Any permanent disfigurement or disability.
- Pain and suffering.
- Diminished enjoyment of life.
- Other substantial damages in the event of a wrongful death.
Never give a written or recorded statement to an opposing insurer in a personal injury claim. It will only try to use your own words against you to call your credibility into question in the future. Rather than harming any claim that you might have, protect your rights by contacting the Scottsdale AZ personal injury lawyers at Vingelli & Company Law Offices right away to arrange for a free consultation and case evaluation. We promise to listen to you carefully and answer your questions too. After that, we’ll give you our recommendations on how to proceed.